Grilled Vegetable Platter
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash salt
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 3 small carrots, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
- In a small bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients. Place 3 tablespoons marinade in a large resealable plastic bag. Add vegetables; seal bag and turn to coat. Marinate 1-1/2 hours at room temperature.
- Transfer vegetables to a grilling grid; place grid on grill rack. Grill vegetables, covered, over medium heat 8-12 minutes or until crisp-tender, turning occasionally.
- Place vegetables on a large serving plate. Drizzle with remaining marinade.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 144 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 50mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 2 fat.
May 28, 2018
Yummy! All the veggies were really good - even the carrots, which I really dislike. This would be great with any assortment of veggies you like or have on hand.
Mar 5, 2018
Of all the BBQ veggie recipes I have tried, this one is my favorite
May 28, 2017
Very light; changing the way I do barbeques...
Mar 16, 2017
One of my favorite marinated veggie recipes. I've used it over and over just as is or with other veggies too. My family likes mushrooms marinated and grilled with this recipe.
Nov 22, 2015
Jul 16, 2015
Perfection!!! This is absolutely the best vegetable dish for the grill. Loved the marinade. Can't wait to make again and to make for company!
Jun 22, 2015
Vegetables never tasted so good!
Jun 18, 2014
Jun 10, 2014
SimpleFoods: for the oven roast it at 400 F.Loved this recipe. Grilled on my gas BBQ and the sweet and tangy flavours came through deliciously!
Jun 3, 2014
I haven't made this yet but we enjoy roasted veggies in the oven. I''m wondering if those who posted that they use this recipe for roasting could state what temp they use? From my experience, different veggies require different temps. Of course, I want to add others that aren't mentioned in the recipe - mushrooms, snow peas, and more. They will all make a difference and some will require closer watching. Suggestions about this? This will be a winner for us, I know - we much prefer roasted veggies over any other method, including grilling.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.