Grilled Vegetable Platter
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash salt
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 3 small carrots, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
- In a small bowl, whisk the first 7 ingredients. Place 3 tablespoons marinade in a large bowl. Add vegetables; turn to coat. Cover; marinate 1-1/2 hours at room temperature.
- Transfer vegetables to a grilling grid; place grid on grill rack. Grill vegetables, covered, over medium heat until crisp-tender, 8-12 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Place vegetables on a large serving plate. Drizzle with remaining marinade.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 144 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 50mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 2 fat.
Apr 26, 2019
Really excellent, prefect for a crowd, something for everyone. Added quartered mushrooms
May 28, 2018
Yummy! All the veggies were really good - even the carrots, which I really dislike. This would be great with any assortment of veggies you like or have on hand.
Mar 5, 2018
Of all the BBQ veggie recipes I have tried, this one is my favorite
May 28, 2017
Very light; changing the way I do barbeques...
Mar 16, 2017
One of my favorite marinated veggie recipes. I've used it over and over just as is or with other veggies too. My family likes mushrooms marinated and grilled with this recipe.
Nov 22, 2015
Jul 16, 2015
Perfection!!! This is absolutely the best vegetable dish for the grill. Loved the marinade. Can't wait to make again and to make for company!
Jun 22, 2015
Vegetables never tasted so good!
Jun 18, 2014
Jun 10, 2014
SimpleFoods: for the oven roast it at 400 F.Loved this recipe. Grilled on my gas BBQ and the sweet and tangy flavours came through deliciously!