Sausage Veggie Grill
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Grill: 25 min.
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 cup quartered fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the oil, oregano, parsley, garlic salt and paprika. Pour over sausage mixture; toss to coat. Divide between two pieces of heavy-duty foil (about 14 in. x 12 in.). Fold foil around sausage mixture and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 25-30 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 359 calories, 29g fat (7g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 993mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 14g protein.
Jul 25, 2016
We cut this in half and only used zucchini. I added in some green pepper too since I left out the mushrooms. This was delicious! Very easy too. We will make this again. Served it with a side of pasta salad.
Jun 14, 2015
Really good! Kids didn't like it but DH and I did.
Jul 12, 2014
Jun 27, 2011
Easy and no oven for the hot summer months! I added baby carrots and split into 4 individual packets!!
Jun 4, 2011
My husband calls this the Italiano Grill. He says it reminds him of lasagna for the summer months.
Apr 12, 2011
A little time-consuming with all the vegetable chopping, but so worth it! This is one of our favorite summer recipes!
Aug 27, 2010
I have just one question: The sausage will give up a good bit of fat in the cooking. So, why 1/4 cup of olive oil? It would seem to me this would be swimming in oil/fat.?. Maybe lschom has a great idea cooking sausage separately.
Aug 12, 2010
I have made this before from a recipe I clipped from your magazine. I get rave reviews everytime. Even from my daughter who doesn't like squash of any kind.
Aug 12, 2010
I would follow recipe for the vegies and sauce, but would prefer grilling the sausages outside the packet...
Jun 28, 2010
This recipe was delicious! Next time, I think I'd serve it over rice or noodles. I don't know if my veggies were larger but I felt I needed to split the mixture amongst 4 packets instead of 2 and I'm glad I did. Plus, that gives everyone there own packet.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.