Grilled Sausages with Summer Vegetables
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Grill: 25 min.
- 3/4 cup peach preserves
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Dash hot pepper sauce, optional
- 4 medium sweet red peppers
- 1 medium eggplant
- 3 small zucchini
- 2 small yellow summer squash
- 12 Johnsonville® Hot Italian Sausage Links (4 ounces each)
- Place the first five ingredients in a blender; if desired, add pepper sauce. Cover and process until blended.
- Cut peppers lengthwise in half; remove seeds. Cut eggplant lengthwise into 1/2-in.-thick slices. Cut zucchini and yellow squash lengthwise into quarters. Place all vegetables in a large bowl; drizzle with 1/2 cup of the sauce and toss to coat.
- Place vegetables on a greased grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until tender and lightly charred, turning once. Cool slightly. Reduce grill temperature to medium-low heat.
- Cut vegetables into bite-size pieces. Toss with additional 1/4 cup sauce; keep warm.
- Grill sausages, covered, over medium-low heat 15-20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160° for pork sausages (165° for turkey sausages), turning occasionally. Remove sausages from grill; toss with remaining sauce. Serve with vegetables.
Nutrition Facts1 sausage with 1 cup vegetables: 362 calories, 22g fat (9g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 1099mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 3g fiber), 17g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 8, 2018
This was amazing.
Sep 30, 2017
Versatile dish that can help use up extra garden vegetables that ripen together. Using different types of sausages and substituting different vegetables as they ripen makes this a multi-season recipe. I liked the touch of sweetness the peach preserves added to the spiciness of the sausage.
Oct 23, 2016
Awesome vegetables! Everyone wants more.