Summer Vegetable Saute
Fresh vegetables need little more than sauting in oil and tossing with basil to enhance their flavor. Feel free to experiment with different vegetables.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium sweet red, orange or yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh basil or 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- In a skillet, saute vegetables in oil for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add crumbs and basil; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 93 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 175mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Summer Vegetable Saute in 2003 Taste of Home Calendar
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.