Taco Appetizer Platter
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1-1/2 cups chopped lettuce
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup honey barbecue sauce
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Corn chips
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add water and taco seasonings; simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and milk; spread on a 14-in. serving platter or pizza pan. Top with meat mixture. Sprinkle with chilies, tomatoes, onions and lettuce. Drizzle with barbecue sauce. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Serve with corn chips.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 263 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 665mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein.
Apr 11, 2015
So easy and so good. Made it for a neighborhood gathering, and they all loved it.
Mar 25, 2015
What a tasty appetizer! Love the Taco flavor, but the addition of the barbecue sauce gives it a surprise smokey sweetness. Great to serve to a crowd or just for a late night snack.
May 24, 2014
I have made this before and the honey barbecue sauce is what makes it so great! I was a bit hesitant at first but it ended up being everyone's favorite taco dip! Wouldn't change a thing!
Jan 22, 2012
I have made this several times and taken for functions, it is always a hit and everyone wants the recipe. I add a can of refried beans to the hamburger mix and use taco sauce in place of the barbeque sauce. I also serve it with Frito Scoops.
Apr 27, 2011
Family & friends beg me to bring this appetizer to our get-togethers all year long. I sub ground turkey for the beef and it is amazing!
Jul 9, 2010
I made this for an appetizer for my daughter'sthirteenth birthday party It was a great hit with all ten guests!I did omit the honey barbecue sauce and used medium hot salsa. Also instead of cheddar cheese I used mexican.Thank you for this great appetizer!
Jun 15, 2009
I make this recipe often, people really like the meat in it. I generally sub taco sauce for the BBQ sauce.
Jun 1, 2009
This sounds so good and I am anxious to try it. I don't have the ingredients now so will get them and try it later.Thank you.