Baked Stuffed Zucchini
"You don't have to fuss to make a special side dish for tow, as this recipe proves," says Sarah Rodgers of West Mifflin, Pennsylvania. "It's so easy to dress up zucchini halves with this flavorful mushroom stuffing."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium zucchini
- 6 large fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash white pepper
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-in. shell. Chop pulp; set shells aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute the zucchini pulp, mushrooms and onion in butter for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add wine or broth. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until liquid has evaporated. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Place zucchini shells in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Fill shells with mushroom mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 133 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 254mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.