Sunday Best Stuffed Pork Chops
We’re farmers and ranchers who love to cook in a Dutch oven. Dish up these chops from the oven, and pass the salad, potatoes and steamed broccoli. —Lorraine Smith, Carpenter, Wyoming
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 1 package (6 ounces) pork stuffing mix
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- 1 small apple, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 8 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Minced fresh chives or parsley, optional
- Prepare stuffing according to package directions; cool slightly. In a small bowl, mix seasonings. In another bowl, whisk soup and milk until blended.
- Stir cheese, apple and pecans into cooled stuffing. Cut a pocket horizontally in the thickest part of each chop. Fill with stuffing mixture. Brush outsides of chops with 1 tablespoon oil; sprinkle with seasoning mixture.
- In a Dutch oven, heat remaining oil over medium heat. Stand pork chops in pan, stuffing side up and spacing evenly. Pour soup mixture around chops; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 35-40 minutes or until pork is no longer pink and a thermometer inserted in stuffing reads 165°.
- Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes. Transfer chops to a serving dish. Spoon sauce over top. If desired, sprinkle with chives.