Sunday Best Stuffed Pork Chops
We’re farmers and ranchers who love to cook in a Dutch oven. Dish up these chops from the oven, and pass the salad, potatoes and steamed broccoli. —Lorraine Smith, Carpenter, Wyoming
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 1 package (6 ounces) pork stuffing mix
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- 1 small apple, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 8 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Minced fresh chives or parsley, optional
- Prepare stuffing according to package directions; cool slightly. In a small bowl, mix seasonings. In another bowl, whisk soup and milk until blended.
- Stir cheese, apple and pecans into cooled stuffing. Cut a pocket horizontally in the thickest part of each chop. Fill with stuffing mixture. Brush outsides of chops with 1 tablespoon oil; sprinkle with seasoning mixture.
- In a Dutch oven, heat remaining oil over medium heat. Stand pork chops in pan, stuffing side up and spacing evenly. Pour soup mixture around chops; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 35-40 minutes or until pork is no longer pink and a thermometer inserted in stuffing reads 165°.
- Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes. Transfer chops to a serving dish. Spoon sauce over top. If desired, sprinkle with chives.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed pork chop with 3 tablespoons sauce: 532 calories, 30g fat (11g saturated fat), 116mg cholesterol, 973mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 40g protein.
Originally published as Sunday Best Stuffed Pork Chops in Taste of Home September/October 2015