Cranberry-Gorgonzola Stuffed Chicken
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup packed fresh parsley sprigs
- 2/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a small bowl, combine cheese and cranberries. Spoon 1/4 cup cheese mixture down the center of each chicken breast. Roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- Place walnuts and parsley in a food processor; cover and process until ground. Transfer to a shallow bowl; stir in the bread crumbs, salt and pepper. In another shallow bowl, combine eggs and mustard. Place flour in a third shallow bowl. Coat chicken with flour, then dip in egg mixture and coat with walnut mixture.
- Place seam side down in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Discard toothpicks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 397 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 164mg cholesterol, 588mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 44g protein.
Oct 17, 2014
Love this recipe!!! Not a fan of Gorgonzola so we use goat cheese instead. So good. Even my twin 2 year olds and my 5 year old ate it all up! My daughter asked if she could dip hers in honey so I tried a few bites like that as well. Also really good. Especially with the goat cheese.
Nov 11, 2013
Excellent roulade. Beautiful & festive presentation. Sometimes I'll sub goat cheese for the gorgonzola. Almost any nuts could be used in this dish. Next time, I might add thyme &/or oregano. I also make a basalmic-chicken broth reduction sauce. This dish is great with cherries as a sub for cranberries. I use Italian cherries, "Ciliegie di'Vignola", jarred cherries in vodka, for the filling & for the sauce.
Feb 3, 2013
These were very tasty!
Feb 2, 2013
It was just ok. Maybe I need to reduce the amount of gorgonzola cheese next time.
Dec 25, 2012
Made these for Christmas dinner... These were worth the work it took to put them together. My whole family raved about them!
Dec 24, 2012
I found this extremely difficult to put together. Once the chicken is rolled up, it's very hard to "roll" in the flour or "dip" in the egg. Mine was a mess.
Dec 16, 2012
These things are drop dead delish! Just go light on the Gorgonzola.
Dec 16, 2012
Going to make tonight with feta instead of gorgonzola.