Sweet-Tart Rhubarb Crepes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 5 cups finely chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 16 prepared crepes (9 inches)
- Confectioners' sugar and additional grated orange zest, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat for 15-18 minutes or until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in orange zest.
- Spread 2 tablespoons filling down the center of each crepe; roll up. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and additional orange zest if desired.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen rhubarb, measure rhubarb while still frozen, then thaw completely. Drain in a colander, but do not press liquid out.
Nutrition Facts2 filled crepes (calculated without confectioners' sugar): 200 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 175mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 22, 2013
the orange juice gave it just the right amount of sweetness. It was well liked by my bunco group.
Jun 9, 2011
Instead of granulated sugar I used 1/2 c brown sugar still turned out very well