Cinnamon Marble Loaf French Toast
—Taste of Home Cooking School
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + rising Cook: 20 min.
- 12 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed but still cold
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- BUTTER SYRUP:
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Cut each roll in half. In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Roll each portion of dough into sugar mixture and place in a 9-in. x 3-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Cover with plastic wrap coated with cooking spray.
- Let rise until dough is even with the top of the pan. Remove wrap. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to cool on wire rack.
- Meanwhile for syrup, bring butter, buttermilk and sugar to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. Stir in vanilla, maple flavoring and baking soda; set aside.
- Slice bread to desired thickness. In a shallow bowl, beat eggs and milk. Dip bread slices into egg mixture to coat both sides. Cook on a greased hot griddle until golden brown on both sides and cooked through. Serve with syrup.
Originally published as Cinnamon Marble Loaf French Toast in Taste of Home Cooking School Brand Name Cookbook Fall 2009