Baked Apples on the Grill
Sweet coconut provides the delicious difference in this fun grilled apples recipe. Our two children enjoy helping me stuff the yummy filling into the apples. It's so easy that sometimes we don't even bother to do the measuring! —Jodi Rugg, Aurora, Illinois
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 medium tart apples, cored
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place each apple on a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Combine the remaining ingredients; spoon into center of apples. Fold foil over apples and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 20-25 minutes or until apples are tender. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 209 calories, 3g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 27mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 5g fiber), 1g protein.
Jul 30, 2014
These were very yummy and easy I toasted the coconut a little before I added it to the apples for a little more toasted flavor! Will make again!
Jun 12, 2011
These are delicious!!
May 10, 2010
A favorite in the summer! YUMMM!