- 5 medium firm bananas
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup rum
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Optional: Vanilla ice cream or sliced pound cake
- Cut bananas in half lengthwise, then widthwise; layer in the bottom of a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker. Combine the brown sugar, butter, rum, vanilla and cinnamon; pour over bananas. Cover and cook on low for 1-1/2 hours or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with walnuts and coconut; cook 30 minutes longer. Serve with ice cream or pound cake.
1 serving (calculated without ice cream or pound cake): 462 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 99mg sodium, 74g carbohydrate (59g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein.