Banana Split Supreme
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup butter, divided
- 24 Oreo cookies, crushed
- 3 to 4 medium firm bananas, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 quarts vanilla ice cream, softened, divided
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained and halved
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Whipped topping, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine sugar, milk, chocolate chips and 1/2 cup butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 8 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool completely.
- 2. Meanwhile, melt the remaining butter; toss with cookie crumbs. Press into a greased 13x9-in. pan. Freeze for 15 minutes. Arrange banana slices over crust; spread with 1 quart ice cream. Top with 1 cup chocolate sauce. Freeze for 1 hour. Refrigerate remaining chocolate sauce. Spread the remaining ice cream over dessert; top with pineapple, cherries and pecans. Cover and freeze overnight.
- 3. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Reheat the chocolate sauce. Cut dessert into squares; if desired, serve with whipped topping and chocolate sauce.
1 piece: 677 calories, 35g fat (18g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 277mg sodium, 90g carbohydrate (75g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein.
May 1, 2016
Can you use half n half instead of evaporated milk? This looks like something that would be great in the summer and easy enough to make ahead of time.
Aug 23, 2011