Graham Cracker Banana Split Dessert
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 2 cups reduced-fat graham cracker crumbs (about 10 whole crackers)
- 5 tablespoons reduced-fat margarine, melted
- 1 can (12 ounces) cold reduced-fat evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup cold fat-free milk
- 2 packages (1 ounce each) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 medium firm bananas,sliced
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 5 maraschino cherries, quartered
- Combine cracker crumbs and margarine; press into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk the evaporated milk, fat-free milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick).
- Spread pudding evenly over crust. Layer with bananas, pineapple and whipped topping. Sprinkle with nuts; drizzle with chocolate syrup. Top with cherries. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before cutting.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Parkay Light stick margarine.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 194 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 312mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Jul 23, 2017
Great recipe! Made it as stated except omitted the walnuts (family preferences). Taste was spot on!
Mar 10, 2012
Very refreshing for a warm day.
Nov 12, 2009
Made this for my boss who is diabetic, everyone enjoyed this
Sep 22, 2009
Did I do something wrong? I followed the recipe and the bottom was a thick paste, the pudding was extremely thick. I ended up tossing everything and made my own version. Is the above recipe correct?
Aug 29, 2009
We were very pleased with this recipe. Very refreshing!
Aug 28, 2009
Do to high cholesterol we use smart balance instead of butter. The dessert was excellent.
Aug 21, 2009
True to it's name, it tasted like a banana split and you don't have to feel to guilty about the calorie count!
Aug 20, 2009
My husband says this recipe is definately a "Keeper". I can't believe it is for diabetics, but my blood sugar reading says that it is.
Aug 20, 2009
I was out of vanilla pudding so used chocolate fudge sugar free pudding in this and no graham cracker crust. It was delicious and less fattening, I am sure.
Aug 20, 2009
We had company and I made this for dessert. I made it the day before and it was good but we were expecting alot more flavor. I don't know what it needs but it just seemed like it needed something. I will make it again but I'll try something different with it. I didn't use the sugar-free, fat-free, unsweetened, reduced fat ingredients either.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.