Freezer Strawberry Shortbread Dessert
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + freezing
- 1-1/4 cups crushed pretzels
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup thawed non-alcoholic strawberry daiquiri mix
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 container (16 ounces) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 container (16 ounces) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed and undrained
- In a small bowl, combine the pretzels, sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 11x7-in. dish. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- For filling, in a large bowl, combine milk and daiquiri mix. Beat in cream cheese until smooth. Stir in strawberries; fold in whipped topping. Pour over crust (dish will be full). Freeze for 4 hours before serving.
- For sauce, puree thawed undrained strawberries in a food processor or blender. Strain through a fine sieve. Drizzle over top.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 349 calories, 17g fat (11g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 240mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 6, 2018
Made this yesterday.Turned out well. I used strawberry juice, ( that I drained off of the frozen strawberries,) in place of the daiquiri mix. It probably was a milder taste but was still very good. The pretzel crust was good but graham crumbs would also work if you didn't want all the salt from the pretzels. Other fruit flavours would work too, like raspberries, blueberries etc. Will make it again.
Jul 7, 2013
Yum. This was amazing and so perfect for a hot summer day as a BBQ dessert. I found it simple to prepare. I used fresh strawberries.
Apr 7, 2012
If strawberries are a fav, this dish is great all year long. So easy too!