Freezer Strawberry Shortbread Dessert
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + freezing
- 1-1/4 cups crushed pretzels
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup thawed non-alcoholic strawberry daiquiri mix
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 container (16 ounces) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 container (16 ounces) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed and undrained
- In a small bowl, combine the pretzels, sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 11x7-in. dish. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- For filling, in a large bowl, combine milk and daiquiri mix. Beat in cream cheese until smooth. Stir in strawberries; fold in whipped topping. Pour over crust (dish will be full). Freeze for 4 hours before serving.
- For sauce, puree thawed undrained strawberries in a food processor or blender. Strain through a fine sieve. Drizzle over top.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 349 calories, 17g fat (11g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 240mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Sep 15, 2019
I have made this twice. This is my second review on this dessert. The first time I used the pretzel crust and the second time I used a graham cracker crust. We like the graham crust better. I used puréed strawberries instead of the daiquiri the second time and that worked just fine and I used just plain strawberries chopped up with a little sugar to get the juices going. Frozen strawberries would be better because of the liquid. I also used a 9 x13 dish and it was full. I can’t see how it would fit in an 11 x 7 dish!!! This is a great dessert.
Jun 10, 2019
so do strawberries that go in the filling, get drained or not? I can't wait to try this recipe.
Jul 7, 2013
Yum. This was amazing and so perfect for a hot summer day as a BBQ dessert. I found it simple to prepare. I used fresh strawberries.
Apr 7, 2012
If strawberries are a fav, this dish is great all year long. So easy too!