Frozen Peach Dessert
I use peaches in most every way you can think of. In this recipe, some simple and delicious ingredients like fresh peaches, sugar and cream combine in a delightful way.—Sharon W. Bickett, Chester, South Carolina
Total TimePrep: 65 min. + freezing
- 2 cups sliced peeled fresh or frozen peaches
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 to 4 drops almond extract
- Fresh mint and additional peaches, optional
- In a blender or food processor, process peaches until smooth. Transfer to a bowl; add sugar. Let stand for 1 hour.
- In a bowl, beat cream and extract until soft peaks form. Fold into the peach mixture. Pour into a 6-cup mold or freezer-safe bowl lined with plastic wrap. Cover and freeze overnight.
- Unmold onto a serving plate about 1 hour before serving. Return to the freezer. Garnish with mint and peaches if desired. Cut into wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 231 calories, 18g fat (11g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 18mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Frozen Peach Dessert in Taste of Home August/September 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.