Frozen Strawberry Shortbread Dessert
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + freezing
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- In a small bowl, combine flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in pecans. Press into an ungreased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- Crumble the baked pecan mixture; set aside 1/2 cup for topping. Sprinkle the remaining mixture into an 8-in. square dish.
- In a large bowl, beat the strawberries, sugar and lemon juice until blended. Fold in whipped cream. Spread evenly into dish. Sprinkle with reserved pecan mixture. Cover and freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 352 calories, 20g fat (10g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 80mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
May 19, 2015
Had a great flavor--especially the crust. The problem was how solid it was. Guests could not hardly cut through the dessert. It msde it very difficult to eat. Perhaps because I used fresh strawberries and cut them thin? Not sure. I won't be making it again. Dessert for Easter dinner was a let down.
May 30, 2013
Great tangy strawberry dessert, also good with a graham wafer crust.
Jan 27, 2012
LOVED IT. Easy to make. You can also put the leftovers back in the freezer to store for another time. If there are any leftovers. : )
Apr 7, 2011
Definitely a crowd pleaser!
Jul 19, 2010
Substitued 2 cups of frozen whole unsweetened raspberries, well drained after thawing, instead and reduced the sugar to 1/2 a cup. Not bad, but next time will try the strawberries and maybe reduce the sugar as it seems a lot!
Nov 18, 2009
This recipe is easy, affordable, and delicious. Definitely a keeper! Thanks for sharing
May 26, 2009
We loved this-it was easy and could be made ahead of time and was so pretty. Thanks.