Cool Strawberry Cream
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + freezing
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, mashed
- 1 cup whipped topping
- BLUEBERRY SAUCE:
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- Line a 9x5-in. loaf pan with a double thickness of foil; set aside. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and sour cream until smooth. Fold in strawberries and whipped topping. Pour into prepared pan. Cover and freeze for several hours or overnight.
- In a small saucepan, bring the blueberries, sugar and water to a boil; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Cool slightly. Transfer to a blender; cover and process until pureed. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Remove dessert from the freezer 15-20 minutes before serving. Use foil to lift out of pan; remove foil. Cut into slices with a serrated knife. Serve with blueberry sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 198 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 62mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Jul 16, 2018
Really lived up to its name. Cool, refreshing and easy. I was in a hurry so I didn't make the sauce but I hope to next time.
Jun 19, 2018
Love it. A tasty alternative to ice cream. I used strawberry jam instead of all the sugar, also to boost up the berry flavor and left half the berries sliced as someone else suggested. Didn't make the sauce as I didn't have the blueberries. This would be good with frozen strawberries as the juice would amp the flavor.
May 17, 2010
Made this recipe for Chruch function this past weekend...sliced the strawberries instead of mash. Everyone raved including myself. Good on it's own but the blueberry sauce adds that delicious extra. Thaw time could be about 5 minutes longer. Would definately make again and am handing out copies of recipe.
May 13, 2010
I would not use the sauce, it seems it would be sweet enough without it. I would alternate using strawberries and blueberries to make it. Also it does not look like the strawberries are all mashed according to the photo anyway. I will make this though because my daughter LOVES anything with strawberries in it!!
May 13, 2010
The dessert is made with strawberries and the sauce that goes with it is with blueberries.
May 13, 2010
The recipe name and photo are for strawberries, yet the recipe instructions are only for blueberrries!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.