Easy Ice Cream Sundae Dessert
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + freezing Cook: 25 min.
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (12 ounces) vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 quarts vanilla ice cream or flavor of your choice, softened
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt chocolate chips with milk and salt; cook and stir until thickened, about 25 minutes. Remove from the heat; set aside. Combine wafer crumbs and butter; set aside 1 cup. Press remaining crumbs into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan. Chill for 10-15 minutes. Pour chocolate over crumbs. Cover and freeze for 10-15 minutes or until firm. Spread the ice cream over chocolate. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Freeze at least 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 406 calories, 24g fat (14g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 276mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Jun 1, 2016
Very good and easy to make. Can change it up easily with different ice cream's.
Apr 27, 2014
This recipe is a hit every time I make it! It's a wonderful desert to have when you have friends over for a cookout.
Jul 3, 2013
Since I cut it out of the magazine years ago, I have made it dozens of times. Everyone loves it. It is a good idea to pre-cut this into serving portions while it is not quite solid since it is murder to cut otherwise. If you forget, let it sit out a while before serving. We like it best with ice creams like cookies n cream and moose tracks - vanilla base with something nice in it.
Sep 7, 2012
Fairly easy recipe. Loved by my family!
Feb 9, 2012
Delicious! Rich Dessert.
Nov 13, 2011
This has been a family favorite for years. My kids usually request this for their Birthdays instead of cake.
May 18, 2010
My sister-in-law made this for our family once & we've made it many, many times since. So good & easy to make. The chocolate layer is so good.
Jan 31, 2010
I have made this for years but I always skip the salt, tastes funny to me when it is added. I've used several different flavors of ice cream and even changed up the cookie layer to crispy chocolate chip. Great make ahead dessert - always a big, big hit.