Strawberries with Vanilla Mascarpone and Balsamic Drizzle
Fresh strawberries shine in this simple, but sophisticated delicacy. The balsamic vinegar syrup add an interesting sweet-savory quality to the dessert.—Cathy McInnes, Randolph, New Jersey
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup Mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, sliced
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar and vinegar to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 1/4 cup, about 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Divide strawberries among four dessert plates. Top with cheese mixture; drizzle with balsamic mixture.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup strawberries with 1/4 cup cheese mixture and 1 tablespoon balsamic drizzle: 591 calories, 52g fat (28g saturated fat), 140mg cholesterol, 65mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Strawberries with Vanilla Mascarpone and Balsamic Drizzle in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.