Strawberries with Vanilla Mascarpone and Balsamic Drizzle
Fresh strawberries shine in this simple, but sophisticated delicacy. The balsamic vinegar syrup add an interesting sweet-savory quality to the dessert.—Cathy McInnes, Randolph, New Jersey
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup Mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, sliced
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar and vinegar to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 1/4 cup, about 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Divide strawberries among four dessert plates. Top with cheese mixture; drizzle with balsamic mixture.