Coconut-Pineapple Sherbet Torte
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + freezing
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup cream of coconut
- 2 cups crushed crisp oatmeal cookies (about 20)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 4 cups pineapple or other tropical-flavored sherbet, slightly softened if necessary
- In a small saucepan, combine baking chips, coconut and cream of coconut; cook and stir over medium heat until chips are melted. Cool completely.
- Line a 9x5-in. loaf pan with plastic wrap, letting edges extend over sides. In a small bowl, mix crushed cookies and butter.
- To assemble, spoon 2 cups sherbet into prepared pan, spreading evenly. Sprinkle with half of the cookie mixture; press to make a firm layer. Spread with half of the coconut mixture. Repeat layers. Wrap securely and freeze overnight.
- Lifting with plastic wrap, unmold torte onto a serving plate. Cut torte lengthwise in half; cut each half crosswise into slices. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 637 calories, 31g fat (18g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 335mg sodium, 87g carbohydrate (66g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 25, 2015
This is really a nice blend of tropical flavors. I took it to a Luau and everyone raved! I doubled the recipe and made it in a spring form pan to serve approx. 20. I used pecan sandie cookies but did not double the cookie amount and it was just enough cookie layer.I love that you can make this recipe days/weeks ahead and it is ready when you need it. When using the spring form pan, I still lined the pan with plastic wrap and then flipped the cake on to a platter to serve.