Coconut-Pineapple Sherbet Torte
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + freezing
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup cream of coconut
- 2 cups crushed crisp oatmeal cookies (about 20)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 4 cups pineapple or other tropical-flavored sherbet, slightly softened if necessary
- In a small saucepan, combine baking chips, coconut and cream of coconut; cook and stir over medium heat until chips are melted. Cool completely.
- Line a 9x5-in. loaf pan with plastic wrap, letting edges extend over sides. In a small bowl, mix crushed cookies and butter.
- To assemble, spoon 2 cups sherbet into prepared pan, spreading evenly. Sprinkle with half of the cookie mixture; press to make a firm layer. Spread with half of the coconut mixture. Repeat layers. Wrap securely and freeze overnight.
- Lifting with plastic wrap, unmold torte onto a serving plate. Cut torte lengthwise in half; cut each half crosswise into slices. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 637 calories, 31g fat (18g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 335mg sodium, 87g carbohydrate (66g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
May 25, 2015
This is really a nice blend of tropical flavors. I took it to a Luau and everyone raved! I doubled the recipe and made it in a spring form pan to serve approx. 20. I used pecan sandie cookies but did not double the cookie amount and it was just enough cookie layer.I love that you can make this recipe days/weeks ahead and it is ready when you need it. When using the spring form pan, I still lined the pan with plastic wrap and then flipped the cake on to a platter to serve.