Amaretto Ricotta Cheesecake
There's a good reason why this cherished recipe was handed down to me by a relative. It's a keeper! The amaretto and ricotta make for a truly unique dessert. —Isabel Neuman, Surprise, Arizona
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + standing Bake: 1 hour + chilling
- 2-3/4 cups whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup amaretto
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons amaretto
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Line a strainer or colander with four layers of cheesecloth or one coffee filter; place over a bowl. Place ricotta in prepared strainer; cover ricotta with sides of cheesecloth. Refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight. Remove ricotta from cheesecloth; discard liquid in bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and amaretto. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, sour cream and drained ricotta until smooth. Beat in amaretto mixture. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended.
- Pour into a greased 10-in. springform pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until center is almost set. Let stand 5 minutes on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, mix topping ingredients; spread over top of cheesecake. Bake 5 minutes longer.
- Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled. Remove rim from pan.
- For garnish, place corn syrup in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, 10 seconds or until warm. Add cranberries; toss to coat. Place sugar in a small bowl; add cranberries and toss to coat. Place on waxed paper and let stand until set, about 1 hour.
- Top cheesecake with almonds and sugared cranberries.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 351 calories, 21g fat (13g saturated fat), 134mg cholesterol, 168mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 0 fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as Siciclian Cheesecake in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.