Cheese and Sausage Appetizers
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
Makesabout 5-1/2 dozen appetizers
- 16 ounces (4 cups) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black or cayenne pepper
- 8 ounces Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll, cooked and drained
- In large bowl, beat the cheese, butter, flour, salt and pepper on medium-low speed. Stir in cooked sausage. Form dough into 1-in. balls; place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until light golden brown. Serve warm or cold. Store in refrigerator or freezer.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 208 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 304mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Mar 1, 2015
I cut out most of the butter -added a couple of teaspoons and added a little more sausage - this seemed to take care of the greasy effect. Love these
Jan 23, 2015
Served at a holiday party and they were enjoyed by all. You can make a dipping sauce for them, also. They do need to be served and eaten while hot, because they can get a little greasy when cool.
Jun 24, 2014
VERY good appetizers! A little greasy, but they taste so delicious. They get cold quickly, so meant to be eaten immediately with no leftovers.
Dec 29, 2012
This is one of my regular staples for the the holidays, they always disappear from the plate by evenings end.
Dec 13, 2011
I made these for a gathering and everyone loved them. I brought them in to work and have had several people ask for the recipe. I think I'll try it with turkey sausage next time. I am also considering using mini muffin pans to help keep their shape.
Oct 13, 2011
i loved it
Nov 30, 2010
I was not too crazy about these. We ate them but I would probably never make them again.
Nov 21, 2010
I must have done something wrong. There was too much butter and too much cheese. These just melted into pancakes in my oven. I don't think I will try again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.