Cheese Rye Appetizers
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley or 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 30 slices snack rye bread
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Spread a rounded tablespoonful over each slice of bread. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 6-8 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 108 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 160mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 31, 2019
These delicious appetizers were a huge hit at a recent party, and I had several requests for the recipe. I stirred up the topping earlier in the day, then popper them in the oven just before the party started. I served them on a warming tray. Definitely a keeper.
Sep 5, 2015
DH and I enjoy appetizers often times as a small meal. These were simple to make and delicious. I am not a fan of olives so when I cut the recipe in half I added 2 artichoke hearts in place of the olives. This recipe could be modified in several ways for picky eaters. As easy as this dish is to make I can see this becoming a family favorite
Oct 25, 2014
Sep 26, 2011
These were tasty. Enjoyed them very much. Will be making these again.
Jan 22, 2011
This is an easy make ahead recipe. There are never any leftovers.