Ham ‘n’ Cheese Biscuit Stacks
Total TimePrep: 1 hour Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 4 tubes (6 ounces each) small refrigerated flaky biscuits (5 count each)
- 1/4 cup stone-ground mustard
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup stone-ground mustard
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup honey
- 10 thick slices deli ham, quartered
- 10 slices Swiss cheese, quartered
- 2-1/2 cups shredded romaine
- 20 pitted ripe olives, drained and patted dry
- 20 pimiento-stuffed olives, drained and patted dry
- 40 frilled toothpicks
- Preheat oven to 400°. Cut biscuits in half to make half-circles; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Spread mustard over tops. Bake until golden brown, 8-10 minutes. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Mix butter and green onions. In another bowl, mix mustard, mayonnaise and honey. Split each biscuit into 2 layers.
- Spread biscuit bottoms with butter mixture; top with ham, cheese, romaine and biscuit tops. Spoon mustard mixture over tops. Thread 1 olive onto each toothpick; insert into stacks. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 121 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 412mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 4, 2019
This is a wonderful appetizer. Easy and tasty. The first time I made it we actually ate them for dinner! You can, of course, substitute whatever meat/cheese combo you choose, but for us this was perfect as written. I was a little afrad of the amount of honey, but the mustard offsets that to make it not too sweet, just perfect. Thank you Kelly for this superb recipe!
Dec 15, 2017
A great and simple appetizer. Delicious and hearty.
Jun 3, 2014
Apr 23, 2014
This is a simple and inexpensive starter. It's the perfect finger foods for kids parties.
Jul 31, 2012
Have made this for superbowl & to take to work. Somewhat time consuming & mustard mixture could be cut in half. Tons left. But people enjoyed the food