Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
Makesabout 5 dozen
- 4 ounces sliced almonds (about 1 cup)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream, room temperature
- 1 to 1-1/4 pounds seedless red or green grapes, rinsed and patted dry
- Appetizer skewers or toothpicks
- Preheat oven to 275°. Pulse almonds in a food processor until finely chopped (do not overprocess). Spread in a 15x10x1-in. pan; bake until golden brown, 6-9 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a shallow bowl; cool slightly.
- In another bowl, mix cream cheese, blue cheese, parsley and cream until blended. Insert a skewer into each grape. Roll grapes in cheese mixture, then in almonds; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate, covered, until serving.
Nutrition Facts5 each: 146 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 124mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mar 19, 2012
I found this recipe very easy to prepare. I first made sure the grapes were clean and completely dry. Then I stirred them into the cheese mixture. I then pulled each one apart and laid them into the crushed almonds and rolled them around. These are really delicious and I would make them again.
Feb 17, 2011
This is a Martha Stewart recipe that is time consuming but worth all the effort for a cocktail party. Shape into a cluster of grapes and add a artifical grape leaf and it is sunning
Jan 2, 2010
It is somewhat tedious to cover the grapes with the cheese, but they look good and taste very good. The sweetness of the grape goes so well with the blue cheese.
Oct 18, 2009
These were really, really hard to prepare. I did about 15 and had to quit. Taste was OK. I had been excited about the juicy, sweet grape inside this appetizer but it was just too hard to get the soft covering on....