Featuring kitchen staples like salsa, refried beans, sour cream and two types of cheese, this crowd-pleasing appetizer comes together faster than a two-minute drill. —Kristy Wilshire, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 5 min./batch
Makes80 appetizers (1-3/4 cups sauce)
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Sesame and/or poppy seeds
- CHEESE SAUCE:
- 1 package (8 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1/2 cup refried beans
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup salsa
- Preheat oven to 450°. Combine biscuit mix and cheese in a large bowl. Stir in beer until a soft dough forms. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 5 times. Roll into a 16x10-in. rectangle. Cut into 2-in. squares; cut each square in half diagonally.
- Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Brush with butter; sprinkle with seeds. Bake 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- For sauce, combine remaining ingredients in a small saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until cheese is melted. Serve immediately with triangles.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 triangle with 1 teaspoon sauce : 31 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 88mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.