Reuben Waffle Potato Appetizers
I love Reubens, so I turned this classic sammie into a fun appetizer with corned beef and sauerkraut on waffle fries. —Gloria Bradley, Naperville, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 1 package (22 ounces) frozen waffle-cut fries
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded fontina cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons chopped sweet onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 12 ounces sliced deli corned beef, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup sauerkraut, rinsed, well drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- Prepare waffle fries according to package directions for baking. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese, 1 cup fontina cheese, salad dressing, onion and horseradish until blended.
- Remove fries from oven; reduce oven setting to 400°. Top each waffle fry with about 1/4 ounce corned beef and 1 teaspoon each cream cheese mixture, sauerkraut and fontina cheese. Bake 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with chives.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 62 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 168mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as CHEESY REUBEN APPETIZER WITH WAFFLE POTATO FRIES in Simple & Delicious December/January 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.