Reuben Waffle Potato Appetizers
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 1 package (22 ounces) frozen waffle-cut fries
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded fontina cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons chopped sweet onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 12 ounces sliced deli corned beef, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup sauerkraut, rinsed, well drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- Prepare waffle fries according to package directions for baking. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese, 1 cup fontina cheese, salad dressing, onion and horseradish until blended.
- Remove fries from oven; reduce oven setting to 400°. Top each waffle fry with about 1/4 ounce corned beef and 1 teaspoon each cream cheese mixture, sauerkraut and remaining fontina cheese. Bake until cheese is melted, 8-10 minutes. Sprinkle with chives.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 62 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 168mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Mar 14, 2020
I made 1/2 recipe. I baked the waffle cuts.....then made the cream cheese part. I also added the corned beef to the cream cheese mixture - makes it easier when assembling. I did all this the day before (keeping the cheese separate from the fries. When ready for company, I put all together and the baked at 400 degrees. Turned out great and saved me from last minute preparations while guests were there.