Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 8 slices rye bread
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 pound thinly sliced deli corned beef
- 1 can (8 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Spread mustard over four slices of bread. Layer with cheese, corned beef and sauerkraut. In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, ketchup, relish and horseradish; spread over remaining bread. Place over sauerkraut. Spread outsides of sandwiches with butter.
- In a large skillet, toast sandwiches over medium heat 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 705 calories, 45g fat (15g saturated fat), 124mg cholesterol, 2830mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 6g fiber), 34g protein.
Dec 3, 2017
Made these sandwiches tonight...the gooey, savory, spicy (from the horseradish) and corned beefy tastes on toasted rye bread were perfect! We don't use prepared ketchup so I used 1000 Islands dressing and added the horseradish and substituted dill pickle relish. This sandwich is a keeper!
May 11, 2017
I did not use the horseradish. (Never have it in the house.) Doubled up on the cheese and meat. Great sandwich.
Mar 18, 2017
One of the best reubens we've had in a while!
Apr 14, 2015
Great recipe. Very delicious!
Mar 23, 2014
Excellent sandwich, and easy to make! It does taste like it came from a good deli. My husband is still talking about it, days later!
Mar 8, 2014
I prepared this recipe tonight and I swear it tasted better than many restaurant Reubens I have had. It is super easy and absolutely delicious. I made it exactly as written except I used pastrami since I could not find corned beef around here. It worked perfectly. This is definitely a five star recipe and we will be having it again and again.n I highly recommend this recipe.Volunteer Field Editor
Feb 14, 2012
We loved this recipe. I didn't have any rye bread on hand so I made the Onion Dill Bread on this site and it made an awesome subsitute.
Dec 22, 2011
This is awesome!
Jul 17, 2011
This was so delicious!
Mar 19, 2011
We have made this many times, and it is sooo good! Don't forget to rinse the sauerkraut.