Tex-Mex Cheesesteak Sandwiches
We adore cheesesteak sandwiches and anything with southwestern flavor, so I combined the two. If you crave even more firepower, add chopped jalapenos. —Joan Hallford, Fort Worth, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated beef tips with gravy
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 banana pepper, cut into strips
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 whole wheat hoagie buns, split
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder, optional
- 8 slices pepper jack cheese
- Preheat broiler. Heat beef tips with gravy according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and pepper; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until tender. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Place buns on a baking sheet, cut side up. Mix mayonnaise and, if desired, chili powder; spread on roll bottoms. Layer with beef tips, onion mixture and cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from heat 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted and buns are toasted.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 600 calories, 36g fat (11g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 1312mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 7g fiber), 32g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Tex Mex Cheesesteak Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious April/May 2015