Tex-Mex Cheesesteak Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated beef tips with gravy
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 banana pepper, cut into strips
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 whole wheat hoagie buns, split
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder, optional
- 8 slices pepper jack cheese
- Preheat broiler. Heat beef tips with gravy according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and pepper; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until tender. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Place buns on a baking sheet, cut side up. Mix mayonnaise and, if desired, chili powder; spread on roll bottoms. Layer with beef tips, onion mixture and cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from heat 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted and buns are toasted.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 600 calories, 36g fat (11g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 1312mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 7g fiber), 32g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mar 21, 2020
Excellent recipe and so tasty. My only concern was that I couldn't get four sandwiches out of the beef tips and gray. This was my first time buying that (I bought it specifically for this recipe) and I must say I thought it was terribly expensive for the small amount of meat and gravy in the package. Thus, I only made three sandwiches, but they were indeed delicious. I also couldn't find a banana pepper, so I bought a jar of the banana pepper rings and sautéed those along with the onions. That worked fine.