Swiss Apple Pie
This pie is so quick and easy to fix. You don't have to fuss with a pasty crust...just combine the ingredients and pour into a pie plate.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, sugar and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir onto egg mixture just until moistened. Fold in apples and walnuts. Transfer to a greased 9-in. pie plate.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 166 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 95mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Swiss Apple Pie in Country Extra January 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.