Swiss Cheese Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 slices Swiss cheese, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine or additional chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, pepper and salt. Place a piece of cheese on each piece of chicken; tuck in ends and roll up. Secure with toothpicks. Roll in flour mixture.
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown roll-ups in butter on each side over medium heat. Stir in the broth, wine or additional broth and oregano; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Remove toothpicks before serving.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 383 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 145mg cholesterol, 626mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 55g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 6 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jun 29, 2010
Very good, and very moist and tender. I was worried the chicken would toughen-up or dry out while simmering uncovered, but it turned out just great! -Lori in WI.
Oct 21, 2009
Excellent recipe. I found it was better to cover the pan when simmering.