Bacon Jack Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 bacon strips, halved
- 1/4 cup sliced onion
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 ounces pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Sprinkle chicken with seasoned salt. In a nonstick skillet, cook chicken in butter over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°; drain. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. Saute onion and mushrooms in drippings. Return chicken to the pan. Top with bacon, onion, mushrooms and pepper Jack cheese.
- Cover and let stand for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 561 calories, 44g fat (21g saturated fat), 163mg cholesterol, 903mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 39g protein.
Jan 7, 2018
Quick meal with ingredients on hand. Portabellos are amazing and jack cheese gives chicken extra kick.
Mar 8, 2017
This was very good and super easy to throw together with ingredients I already had on hand.
Mar 2, 2016
This was great! I bake my bacon in the oven. Comes out nice flat and straight. Poured bacon grease into pan for the onions. Thinking I might bake the chicken next time. Have hubby on a low carb diet. Served with saut?ed zucchini and polenta with blue cheese. Yummy dinner!
Feb 5, 2016
Delicious recipe!!! I used chicken tenders and precooked bacon. It was easy to prepare...just the type of recipe to have for "company". I will definitely be making this again...and again!!!
Sep 11, 2014
Who can go wrong with bacon, mushrooms and cheese.
Sep 20, 2013
I made these for dinner last night but substituted cheddar for pepperjack cheese and used precooked bacon. Dinner was done in no time! I would definitely make this again!
Sep 20, 2013
I made these for dinner last night but I substituted cheddar cheese for the pepper jack and used the precooked bacon. dinner was done in no time! They were delicious and I would definitely make them again!
Jul 9, 2013
So Easy and amazing. I did not add the mushrooms and put a cajan spice on the chicken while it was cooking in the skillet. It was so good!
Jun 2, 2013
I've been preparing this chicken for some time now and it is one of our very favorites. You can't go wrong with bacon and jack cheese with chicken. I even fixed it for our son and daughter in law and they loved it. Definitely a five star recipe.
Mar 5, 2013
Was really simple and really tasty. (I skipped the mushrooms on my portion) but my bf really loved it
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.