Chocolate Pancakes with Chocolate Chips
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 5 min./batch
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons instant chocolate drink mix
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Maple syrup and butter, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, drink mix and baking powder. Combine the egg, milk and sour cream; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with maple syrup and butter if desired.
- Cool remaining pancakes; arrange in a single layer on baking sheets. Freeze overnight or until frozen. Transfer to a resealable plastic freezer bag. May be frozen for up to 2 months.
- To use frozen pancakes: Place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 4-6 minutes or until heated through. Serve with maple syrup and butter if desired.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 611 calories, 28g fat (13g saturated fat), 109mg cholesterol, 1393mg sodium, 79g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 3g fiber), 13g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 10, 2018
The family loved these!
Jun 29, 2016
My girls enjoy these for their birthday breakfasts. I usually double the recipe to have plenty to freeze. Delicious.
Dec 31, 2015
I haven't tried freezing these, but having them fresh and then warmed up the next day was delicious! They tasted like warm chocolate chip cookies! Here's my blog post on it: http://heatskitchen.com/2015/12/25/chocolate-chocolate-chip-pancakes/
Nov 18, 2012
These were really good. I served them with the Spicy Maple Sausages in the same issue.
May 28, 2012
love this recipe! make it all the time!
Apr 6, 2010