Bacon-Peanut Butter Cornbread Muffins
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 6 tablespoons softened butter, divided
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1 package (2.1 ounces) ready-to-serve fully cooked bacon, finely chopped, divided
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) cornbread/muffin mix
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2/3 cup peanut butter chips
- Caramel ice cream topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. Grease six 6-oz. ramekins or jumbo muffin cups with 2 tablespoons butter. For topping, in a small bowl combine 2 tablespoons butter, peanuts, 3 tablespoons bacon and brown sugar; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat muffin mix, buttermilk and eggs. Microwave peanut butter and remaining 2 tablespoons butter until melted; stir into batter. Fold in peanut butter chips and remaining 2/3 cup bacon. Pour into prepared ramekins; sprinkle with topping.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 20-25 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before removing from ramekins to a wire rack. Serve warm. If desired, drizzle with caramel ice cream topping.
Nutrition Facts1 muffin: 590 calories, 38g fat (15g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 818mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 5g fiber), 18g protein.
Mar 2, 2020
Too busy in that there is just too much going on...too many flavors. Not crazy about it.
Feb 14, 2020
Made these for a bake sale at my work. They were easy to make and very tasty! ***I had to use Quaker Oats Oatmeal Muffin Mix instead of cornbread because the store I went to didn't have cornbread mix.
Feb 7, 2020
While it was nice to try such a different recipe, we weren't fans of these muffins. Won't be repeating this recipe.