Pork, Bean & Rice Burritos
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 6 hours.
- SPICE RUB:
- 2-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 pounds)
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
- 10 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 3 cups canned pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups cooked Spanish rice
- Optional toppings: salsa, chopped tomato, shredded lettuce, sour cream and guacamole
- Mix spice rub ingredients; rub over pork. Transfer to a 6-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, mix water and beef granules; pour around roast. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast; cool slightly. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking juices; discard remaining juices. Shred pork with two forks. Return pork and reserved juices to slow cooker; heat through.
- Spoon a scant 1/3 cup shredded pork across center of each tortilla; top with a scant 1/3 cup each beans and rice. Fold bottom and sides of tortilla over filling and roll up. Serve with toppings as desired. Freeze option: Cool filling ingredients before making burritos. Individually wrap burritos in paper towels and foil; freeze in a resealable plastic freezer bag. To use, remove foil; place paper towel-wrapped burrito on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until heated through, turning once. Let stand 20 seconds. Serve with toppings of your choice.
Nutrition Facts1 burrito: 575 calories, 21g fat (7g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 1717mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 6g fiber), 34g protein.
Oct 5, 2017
Omg! Best burritos ever... the spice combo on the pork not only filled the house with an amazing aroma but the pork was to die for. I did add more of the cooking juices than called for. Only thing i changed. Wil make again and again. Thanks
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.