Chicken Taco Ring
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated reduced-fat crescent rolls
- 2/3 cup finely crushed tortilla chips, divided
- 2 cups finely chopped rotisserie chicken
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted ripe olives
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1 medium lime, halved and sliced
- Grease a 12-in. pizza pan. Unroll crescent dough. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup tortilla chips; press down gently. Separate into 16 triangles.
- Place wide end of one triangle, chip side down, 3 in. from edge of prepared pan, with point overhanging edge of pan. Repeat with remaining triangles, overlapping the wide ends (dough will look like a sun when complete). Lightly press wide ends together.
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken, cheese, mayonnaise, chilies, olives, tomato, taco seasoning, lime juice and remaining tortilla chips. Spoon over wide ends of dough. Fold points of triangles over filling and tuck under wide ends (filling will be visible).
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Garnish with sour cream, salsa, tomatoes and lime.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 222 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 599mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 10g protein.
Aug 25, 2017
My husband and I thought this was decent, but not amazing. I feel like the crescent roll just wasn't the right kind of dough for this. I cut the recipe in half for my husband and I, which worked out well. However, I found that the crushed tortilla chips for the top just weren't enough. Maybe I should have added more taco seasoning like another reviewer suggested. But I'm not sure I'd make this again, since there are a bunch of other taco-like recipes that I love.
Sep 16, 2016
This was just OK. I made it exactly as written ingredient wise, just used full fat mayo and cheese. We found it to be a little bland. Don't think I will make again. Might try ground beef instead of chicken with a whole packet of taco seasoning and re-fried beans as the binder instead of mayo. Liked the crescent roll crust.
Jan 3, 2015
This was very tasty. Left out the olives. May add some jalapenos next time.
Jan 3, 2015
I only did half of the suggested ingredients and made a semi circle. The recipe is easy and my picky 1 yo and 3 yo ate them as well. I added one Roma tomato, half a cup picante sauce and a one tablespoon of taco seasoning because my family likes stronger flavored food.
Mar 12, 2014
I didn't have cooked chicken so just sauted cut up chicken with the taco seasoning. Also forgot the on the inside. Sprinkled over the top and was very good.
Dec 27, 2013
This is so great. It is super easy to put together and you can add or take out ingredients to make your family happy. It is great for gatherings or make ahead and have around for lunches. Great for the kids to take to school in lunch boxes too.
Oct 4, 2013
Served this for a Christmas get together. Asked repeatedly for the recipe. It is so good and makes an appetizer that everyone loves!
Aug 6, 2013
I always make this with more chicken, but it's a favorite of ours!
Aug 25, 2010
It is very easy to make. I make the filling the night before, and bake it when I need it.
Feb 9, 2010
Made this twice everyone loved it. I did add chopped jalapenos and some fresh cilantro.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.