Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce, divided
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 4 ounces Canadian bacon, chopped
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in 1/2 cup pizza sauce, 1 cup cheese and Canadian bacon.
- Unroll crescent dough and separate into triangles. On an ungreased 14-in. pizza pan, arrange triangles in a ring with points toward the outside and wide ends overlapping at the center, leaving a 4-in. opening. Press overlapping dough to seal.
- Spoon filling onto wide end of triangles. Fold pointed end of triangles over filling, tucking points under to form a ring (filling will be visible).
- Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown and heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with remaining pizza sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 slice with 2 tablespoons pizza sauce: 214 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 593mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 10g protein.
Jan 2, 2015
Turned out great! I made mine on just a regular cookie sheet with parchment paper underneath instead of a pizza pan. You could do any pizza toppings you want or any toppings in general.
Jan 1, 2015
This was a hit with my teenaged son!
Aug 27, 2014
I have been making this same recipe for years, but I mix up my themes. Our favorite is "Taco Ring" but I have made Cheeseburger Ring, Ham and Cheese Ring, Egg Bake Ring, etc. Extreme versatility!!
May 30, 2014
I've made this recipe twice - once as listed, and once with pepperoni. It's very easy to make, and tastes great!
Nov 21, 2013
i made 2 rings, both with turkey sausage . i substituted peperoni for the canadian bacon. this is great.
Jul 19, 2013
Easy and my kids loved it!
Mar 30, 2013