- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce, divided
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 4 ounces Canadian bacon, chopped
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium heat until no longer pink, breaking it into crumbles; drain. Stir in 1/2 cup pizza sauce, 1 cup cheese and Canadian bacon.
- Unroll crescent dough and separate into triangles. On an ungreased 14-in. pizza pan, arrange triangles in a ring with points toward the outside and wide ends overlapping at the center, leaving a 4-in. opening. Press overlapping dough to seal.
- Spoon filling onto wide end of triangles. Fold pointed end of triangles over filling, tucking points under to form a ring (filling will be visible).
- Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown and heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with remaining pizza sauce.
2 pieces with 2 tablespoons pizza sauce: 214 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 593mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 10g protein.