Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce, divided
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 4 ounces Jones Canadian Bacon, chopped
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in 1/2 cup pizza sauce, 1 cup cheese and Canadian bacon.
- Unroll crescent dough and separate into triangles. On an ungreased 14-in. pizza pan, arrange triangles in a ring with points toward the outside and wide ends overlapping at the center, leaving a 4-in. opening. Press overlapping dough to seal.
- Spoon filling onto wide end of triangles. Fold pointed end of triangles over filling, tucking points under to form a ring (filling will be visible).
- Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown and heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with remaining pizza sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 slice with 2 tablespoons pizza sauce: 214 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 593mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 10g protein.
Jan 2, 2015
Turned out great! I made mine on just a regular cookie sheet with parchment paper underneath instead of a pizza pan. You could do any pizza toppings you want or any toppings in general.
Jan 1, 2015
This was a hit with my teenaged son!
Aug 27, 2014
I have been making this same recipe for years, but I mix up my themes. Our favorite is "Taco Ring" but I have made Cheeseburger Ring, Ham and Cheese Ring, Egg Bake Ring, etc. Extreme versatility!!
May 30, 2014
I've made this recipe twice - once as listed, and once with pepperoni. It's very easy to make, and tastes great!
Nov 21, 2013
i made 2 rings, both with turkey sausage . i substituted peperoni for the canadian bacon. this is great.
Jul 19, 2013
Easy and my kids loved it!
Mar 30, 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.