- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 2 tubes (12 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in pizza sauce. Cut each biscuit into quarters; place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with the beef mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cheeses. Bake until cheese is melted, 5-10 minutes longer. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
1 piece: 356 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 730mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein.
- Feb 27, 2018
Really liked this!
- Apr 26, 2017
Very good and kid friendly! My kids loved it and want me to make it again sometime!
- Feb 7, 2016
I have been making this for years!!! Quick, easy and delicious! Never any leftovers!!! My grown sons love it!! Great with ground turkey too!!
- Aug 24, 2015
This is so easy and tasty. Winner in my house.
- Dec 17, 2014
Delicious , quick , easy recipe my family loved. Make it your own by adding any pizza toppings your family loves!
- Mar 14, 2014
We found that the biscuits in the middle of the pan did not cook through ( they were still raw). It was tasty other wise. I will try again and next time bake it for longer.
- Feb 11, 2014
It must be a hit! I was asked if I could make it again...
- Jun 20, 2013
I made this last night using leftover ham and pineapple. It was great and will definitely be making this again.
- Nov 27, 2012
Love this recipe for a quick meal when you're too tired to cook!! I use a 13x9 baking dish, not metal ...I use more hamburger than it calls for and also use about 1 and half jars of pizza sauce. Please use the cheap biscuits don't use nice Grands, those are too big! I spread a little pizza sauce over the biscuits first then sprinkle a little italian seasoning, then my meat sauce, I add toppings, whatever you like is fine, green peppers, black olives etc...lots of cheese :)
- Aug 1, 2012
No comment left