Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 2 tubes (12 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in pizza sauce. Cut each biscuit into quarters; place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with the beef mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cheeses. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 356 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 730mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein.
Feb 27, 2018
Really liked this!
Apr 26, 2017
Very good and kid friendly! My kids loved it and want me to make it again sometime!
Feb 7, 2016
I have been making this for years!!! Quick, easy and delicious! Never any leftovers!!! My grown sons love it!! Great with ground turkey too!!
Aug 24, 2015
This is so easy and tasty. Winner in my house.
Dec 17, 2014
Delicious , quick , easy recipe my family loved. Make it your own by adding any pizza toppings your family loves!
Mar 14, 2014
We found that the biscuits in the middle of the pan did not cook through ( they were still raw). It was tasty other wise. I will try again and next time bake it for longer.
Feb 11, 2014
It must be a hit! I was asked if I could make it again...
Jun 20, 2013
I made this last night using leftover ham and pineapple. It was great and will definitely be making this again.
Nov 27, 2012
Love this recipe for a quick meal when you're too tired to cook!! I use a 13x9 baking dish, not metal ...I use more hamburger than it calls for and also use about 1 and half jars of pizza sauce. Please use the cheap biscuits don't use nice Grands, those are too big! I spread a little pizza sauce over the biscuits first then sprinkle a little italian seasoning, then my meat sauce, I add toppings, whatever you like is fine, green peppers, black olives etc...lots of cheese :)
Jun 15, 2012
I made this a lot when my kids were still at home. Quick and easy with the taste of pizza! It's also great for potlucks.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.