Broccoli-Mushroom Bubble Bake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tube (16.3 ounces) large refrigerated flaky biscuits
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen broccoli with cheese sauce
- 3 large eggs
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onion; cook and stir until tender, 4-6 minutes.
- Cut each biscuit into eight pieces; place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with mushroom mixture.
- Cook broccoli with cheese sauce according to package directions. Spoon over mushroom mixture.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and seasonings; pour over top. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake until golden brown, 25-30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 233 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 648mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
May 18, 2019
Marilyn, the sauce in the broccoli pkg. Read the ingredient list. This is delish and easy!
May 10, 2019
Eggs, milk and seasonings are mentioned in the directions, but not in the list of ingredients. Does anyone know the quantities?
Apr 22, 2019
What cheese sauce???
Dec 25, 2015
I added thinly sliced deli ham and used baby spinach I needed to use up instead of the broccoli. Delicious!
Sep 4, 2014
My husband makes breakfast Saturday mornings and I requested this and it was so good and just enough for the two of us. Next time he says he will add some sausage to the mix
Aug 22, 2014
This is such a fun thing to have happen. Every year I buy a subscription to Taste of Home or Simple and Delicious for a few friends. I just love it when they send me an e-mail all excited about a new recipe they have found and loved. And boy did I agree with my BFF that this broccoli dish was great. I had to use a mixture (half of each) of the colby cheese with shredded swiss to cut down on the sodium for my family but it was still great.