Salmon Broccoli Bake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 can (7-1/2 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in rice and salmon. Combine egg and mayonnaise; stir into the salmon mixture.
- Spoon half into a greased 2-qt. baking dish; top with half of the Parmesan cheese and broccoli. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheddar cheese. Top with the remaining salmon mixture, Parmesan cheese and broccoli.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 616 calories, 45g fat (17g saturated fat), 147mg cholesterol, 942mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 31g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 19, 2015
Quick and yummy.
Dec 8, 2014
Just the BEST!! My husband and I LOVED this. Plan to try it with another type of fish tonight :)
Jun 30, 2014
Added a little salt and pepper. was a little bland for my household. Broccoli also all needs to be in the first layer. overcooks on top.
Mar 7, 2009
We enjoyed this dish, I used raw broccoli and cooked it before assembling dish. Would also suggest the broccoli be put in the centre, I found it got too done putting it on the top.