Broccoli Tuna Bake
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 can (12 ounces) white water-packed tuna, drained
- 1-1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups frozen broccoli florets, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk and lemon juice. Stir in tuna, rice and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 10-in. pie plate or quiche dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25 minutes. Top with broccoli; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 225 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 674mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.
Jul 4, 2017
We thought this was a pretty good meal. Make sure your rice is firm, because otherwise this dish could get mushy fast. I steamed fresh broccoli since I'm not a fan of frozen. I also added in some onion to the mix. I used 2 small cans of tuna (5oz each), seemed to work fine. It was a decent meal, but I think next time I'd add in some red bell pepper and some garlic. I might also try cream of celery or cream of broccoli... I found the "chicken" flavor to be a bit overpowering. I'd make this again though with some tweaks.
Aug 4, 2011
My family really enjoyed this after they mixed it all together. Made it in individual dishes so everyone had their favorite cheese. Since I'm allergic to broccoli I mixed in cooked carrots.
Sep 29, 2009
This was so tasty!
Feb 14, 2008
Did someone say tuna??I make a tuna cassrole a couple times a year, I'd have it more often but DH isn't as crazy about it as I am. So this looks very interesting--I'm lovin' it!!Thanks!
Feb 14, 2008
This recipe is real comfort food. Even my son who claims he doesn't like tuna hot eats it with pleasure. I made it one time with shredded Swiss cheese when I didn't have cheddar and that was good, too.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.