French Bread Pizza
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 8 ounces canned sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in pizza sauce and mushrooms; set aside.
- Cut bread in half lengthwise, then into eight pieces. Spread meat sauce on bread; place on a greased baking sheet. Sprinkle with mozzarella. Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes or until cheese melted and bubbly.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with an 850-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts2 pieces: 296 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 764mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 26, 2012
Have been making this recipe for years everyone in my family loves it and our kids friends love it as well. Always a great goto meal if time is crunched.
Apr 30, 2009
This was delicious. I made it more like traditional pizza though and used pepperoni instead of the ground beef.