French Bread Pizza
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 8 ounces canned sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in pizza sauce and mushrooms; set aside.
- Cut bread in half lengthwise, then into eight pieces. Spread meat sauce on bread; place on a greased baking sheet. Sprinkle with mozzarella. Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes or until cheese melted and bubbly.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with an 850-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts2 pieces: 296 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 764mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 25, 2019
Easy and quick to make when you are in a hurry! We topped ours with pepperoni instead of mushrooms and beef. I love that you can really customize the toppings to your liking.
Aug 26, 2012
Have been making this recipe for years everyone in my family loves it and our kids friends love it as well. Always a great goto meal if time is crunched.
Apr 30, 2009
This was delicious. I made it more like traditional pizza though and used pepperoni instead of the ground beef.