Mexican Bubble Pizza
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 tube (16.3 ounces) large refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional toppings: Shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, salsa, sliced ripe olives, sour cream and thinly sliced green onions
- Line a 6-qt. slow cooker with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Coat with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink, 6-8 minutes, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in soup, water and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until slightly thickened, 3-5 minutes.
- Cut each biscuit into 4 pieces; gently stir into beef mixture. Transfer to slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low until dough is cooked through, 3-4 hours. Sprinkle with cheese. Cook, covered, until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes longer. Serve with toppings of your choice.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving (calculated without toppings): 643 calories, 35g fat (15g saturated fat), 109mg cholesterol, 1870mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 35g protein.
Oct 6, 2019
This was surprisingly good with little effort. I also thought it odd that it was to be made in a slow cooker and since I didn't have much time I opted to bake in my oven. I used tomatoes and salsa for the soup and water combo listed in the recipe. Served with cut up tomatoes, lettuce, avocado and sour cream. Fast, easy and tasty!
Sep 27, 2019
I think this looks interesting, simple, and tasty, but I also think it's an example of using an applicance because you want to, not because you should. This recipe doesn't appear to benefit from being slow-cooked. Browned meat in sauce over chopped biscuits can easily be baked -- why cook biscuits for FOUR HOURS? Any thoughts on why the slow cooker is the weapon of choice, here, other than not being nearby and having to watch?
Oct 26, 2017
This is SO yummy! Somehow, when I printed this recipe, the directions were on a second sheet of paper and got misplaced. I didn't realize it was to be made in the slow cooker. I just cooked up the meat mixture (Step 2 only) and put it on soft taco shells with shredded cheese, tomatoes and sour cream!
Jul 30, 2017
this was so good,next time I will double it. I added a can of diced tomatoes. Everybody loved it
Jul 25, 2017
Thanks for sharing..cant wait to try it!
Jul 25, 2017
Wonderful quick and delicious Idea thanks for sharing was a nice lunch for small unexpected crowd