Taco Bubble Pizza
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Green onions, optional
- Cook beef in a large skillet over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, water and taco seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut each biscuit into eight pieces. Remove beef mixture from heat and gently stir in biscuit pieces. Transfer to an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 8-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with toppings.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 500 calories, 29g fat (14g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 1317mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein.
Aug 31, 2016
This was pretty good. We used some pizza sauce instead of tomato soup because that is what I had on hand. The kids enjoyed it.
Jul 27, 2016
This is a winner. I used penzeys spice bold taco seasoning 4 tablespoons instead a packet of taco mix. My husband loved it. I did cut the recipe in half and placed it in an 8 by 8 dish. I used 2 smaller biscuit cans instead of one large can. I did cook it for the same amont of time.
May 26, 2016
I made this for my family last night and as they are big taco fans, it was well received. My mom like this better than regular tacos. My daughters wren't sure about that, though they like it a lot. My nephew and his girlfriend liked it. I saved out two biscuits because I thought there were enough!
Sep 8, 2014
This was easy to make and tasted good. The taco seasoning added just a bit of spice, but you could add more if needed. I also used a 16-oz. can of biscuits for more "crust." Using kitchen shears made cutting them easy, too. I'll make this one again!
Jan 16, 2014
Why would you choose to use a bland pasty condensed tomato soup instead of a pizza sauce? Maybe for very young children , but I can't see teenagers or adults liking that.
Aug 14, 2013
This recipe was excellent, although it does seem pretty familiar... http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/mexican-bubble-pizza/83f1bd35-d6d3-46ce-8f80-ccd7473dfb8a
Jul 24, 2013
This was good. We enjoyed it and it went together fairly well. I used reduced fat grands biscuits.
May 24, 2013
This recipe is heavy, one note, and boring. Though my kids loved making it. It really needs something else. Red peppers,onion cooked in.
Apr 13, 2013
Very easy to make and quite tasty. The biscuits add a nice texture.
Apr 8, 2013
Easy, quick, love it. I used a Boboli instead of the biscuits. Made it even faster to put together.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.