German Oktoberfest Pizza
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-in. slices
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 cups leftover or refrigerated mashed potatoes
- 1 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- Unroll dough into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; flatten dough and build up edges slightly. Bake at 425° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute kielbasa in butter until browned. Spread mashed potatoes over crust. Layer with sauerkraut, kielbasa, cheese and caraway seeds. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 569 calories, 32g fat (14g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 1749mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 1, 2015
My husband and I really enjoyed this! I never rinse sauerkraut, it gets rid of all the flavor! I only drain it. Next time I will add a bit more sauerkraut (personal preference), and I will cut up the kielbasa into smaller pieces. I'll definitely do this one again.
Nov 21, 2014
My family loved this. Even my picky kids. I would add a bit extra sauerkraut and double the amount of potatoes next time. Definitely worth making again.
Oct 11, 2010
Really good!........I think next time I will double the sauerkraut for added flavor. Also, I used garlic-flavored instant potatoes....The best part was watching my husband's face when I served it! :-)))
Oct 1, 2010
I will mix the cheese with the mashed potatoes next time to give them more flavor.
Nov 9, 2009
This was really great! I'm a vegetarian, so used vegetarian hotdogs. Next time I may try Morning Stars breakfast sausage links. Definately will make again.