German Oktoberfest Pizza
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Fully Cooked Polish Kielbasa Sausage Rope, cut into 1/4-in. slices
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 cups leftover or refrigerated mashed potatoes
- 1 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- Unroll dough into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; flatten dough and build up edges slightly. Bake at 425° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute kielbasa in butter until browned. Spread mashed potatoes over crust. Layer with sauerkraut, kielbasa, cheese and caraway seeds. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 569 calories, 32g fat (14g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 1749mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein.
Dec 1, 2015
My husband and I really enjoyed this! I never rinse sauerkraut, it gets rid of all the flavor! I only drain it. Next time I will add a bit more sauerkraut (personal preference), and I will cut up the kielbasa into smaller pieces. I'll definitely do this one again.
Nov 21, 2014
My family loved this. Even my picky kids. I would add a bit extra sauerkraut and double the amount of potatoes next time. Definitely worth making again.
Oct 11, 2010
Really good!........I think next time I will double the sauerkraut for added flavor. Also, I used garlic-flavored instant potatoes....The best part was watching my husband's face when I served it! :-)))
Oct 1, 2010
I will mix the cheese with the mashed potatoes next time to give them more flavor.
Nov 9, 2009
This was really great! I'm a vegetarian, so used vegetarian hotdogs. Next time I may try Morning Stars breakfast sausage links. Definately will make again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.