Coffee Cake Ring
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + rising Bake: 20 min.
- 1 recipe Basic Sweet Dough
- 1 recipe Chocolate Lover's or Cinnamon Nut or Fruity Cream Cheese Filling
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 15x12-in. rectangle. Spread filling to within 1/2 in. of edges. (If using Fruity Cream Cheese Filling, spread with cream cheese mixture; set jam aside.) Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. place, seam side down, on a greased 12-in. pizza pan; pinch ends together to form a ring. With scissors, cut from outside edge two-thirds of the way toward center of the ring at 1-1/2-in. intervals (see photos below right). Separate pieces; slightly twist to show filling. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes. (If using Fruity Cream Cheese Filling, place 1 teaspoon of jam in the center of each slice.) Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool.
- For glaze, combine sugar, butter, vanilla and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. drizzle over coffee cake.
Jan 3, 2015
This is such a wonderful recipe! I made this the night before Christmas and stored it in the refrigerator overnight. I pulled it out early and let it rise until warm and puffy. I baked it according to the directions. I received so many compliments and I will definitely be adding this to my traditional holiday recipes! Thank you!
Nov 22, 2010
YUM!!!! I prefer the braided look but this one is also very pretty!!! The fillings are good too!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.