Cinnamon Nut Filling
I love to combine this recipe with a sweet dough to make a coffee cake to serve to company.—Jenny Reece, Lowry, Minnesota
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 5 min.
Makesabout 1 cup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, walnuts and cinnamon. Use for Braided Coffee Cake or Coffee Cake Ring. Spread butter over dough; sprinkle with sugar mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 71 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 20mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Cinnamon Nut Filling in Quick Cooking March/April 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.