Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 2-3/4 to 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3/4 cup chopped pecan, toasted
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl, combine 1 cup flour, 1/4 cup sugar, yeast, salt and baking soda. In a saucepan, heat the yogurt, milk, water and 2 tablespoons butter to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Transfer to a bowl coated with cooking spray; turn once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Roll into a 14x10-in. rectangle. Melt remaining butter; brush over dough. Combine pecans, brown sugar, cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle evenly over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam.
- Line a baking sheet with foil; coat well with cooking spray. Place dough seam side down on prepared pan; pinch ends together to form a ring. With scissors, cut from the outside edge two-thirds of the way toward center of ring at 1-in. intervals. Separate strips slightly and twist. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Brush with egg white. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from pan to wire rack. Combine icing ingredients; drizzle over warm ring.
1 slice: 229 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 216mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate, 2g fiber), 4g protein.