Apple Sausage Ring
This very flavorful sausage ring is easy to prepare. It has a nice texture and holds its shape well...a nice hearty meat dish that completes a brunch menu.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 50 crackers)
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1/3 cups finely chopped onion
- 2 pounds bulk pork sausage
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and milk. Stir in the cracker crumbs, apples and onion. Crumble sausage over mixture and mix well.
- On a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray, shape pork mixture into a 9-in. ring. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until a thermometer reads 160°; drain.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 231 calories, 17g fat (5g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 393mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Apple Sausage Ring in Reminisce March/April 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.